The Spiced Fig Cocktail is a November gem, capturing autumn in a glass. Picture this: you, cozy by the fireplace or bustling about the kitchen, with the fragrant Spiced Fig cocktail. Whether you’re sipping it while prepping Thanksgiving dinner or sharing it with someone special as you unwind after a day of fall adventures, this Spiced Fig Cocktail brings together the earthy sweetness of figs with a blend of aromatic spices.
Sip and savor the warm, comforting flavors of fall in every delightful sip of your Spiced Fig Cocktail. Whether you choose the version with ginger beer or the classic, both are bound to add a touch of autumn magic to any gathering. Cheers to November, to gratitude, and to the lingering warmth of the season!
It’s the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving gathering, bringing an extra dash of warmth and cheer to the table.
Spiced Fig Cocktail
Here’s how you can craft this seasonal delight!
Spiced Fig Cocktail (with Ginger Beer, if desired)
- 2 oz bourbon or spiced rum
- 1.5 ounce spiced fig & honey syrup (recipe below)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 ounce orange curaçao
- 3 drops Aromatic bitters
- *optional: ginger beer (to top)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add bourbon or spiced rum, fig syrup, lemon juice, orange curaçao, and aromatic bitters.
- Shake well to combine and chill the ingredients.
- Strain the mixture into a glass filled with ice.
- Top with ginger beer for a refreshing twist (if desired)
- Gently stir to blend and garnish with a slice of fresh fig or a sprig of thyme, if desired.
For the Spiced Fig and Honey Syrup
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 figs
- 3 sprigs thyme
- In a saucepan, combine the cinnamon, cloves, water, honey, figs, and thyme.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until the figs are soft and the flavors meld together.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool. Once cooled, strain the syrup into a bottle for storage. It can be kept in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Happy Fall! I hope you enjoy this delicious beverage with a loved one!