Sip on your cucumber strawberry smash and soak up the May sunshine, because this cocktail is the perfect way to celebrate the start of summer!
May is a beautiful month, full of sunshine and warmth, and what better way to enjoy it than with a delightful cocktail? Whether you’re lounging by the pool, enjoying a picnic in the park, or simply relaxing on your patio, this cocktail is the perfect addition to your May activities.
Cucumber Strawberry Smash
May is the perfect time to enjoy a refreshing and fruity cocktail like the Cucumber Strawberry Smash! It’s the perfect balance of sweet and tangy flavors, with a lovely hint of Earl Grey tea from the gin.
- 2 1/2 ounces Earl Grey gin (I like to use COIT)
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 2-3 strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3-4 slices of cucumber
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the strawberries and cucumber slices until they release their juices.
- Add the Earl Grey gin, simple syrup, lemon juice, and a handful of ice to the shaker.
- Shake vigorously for about 10-15 seconds to chill and mix the ingredients.
- Strain the cocktail into a glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a slice of cucumber and a strawberry, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious cocktail!